Crafted by Tojita, a true artisan and one of the earliest members of the Women's Magic Hands network, this Quixquemetl is made from traditional Mexican fabric called Manta, composed of 100% pure cotton. Tojita draws inspiration from the breathtaking landscapes of her native region, which is rich in natural beauty. Her embroidery technique is deeply rooted in the traditions of Tenango de Doria, famous for its Otomi embroidery, characterized by intricate, colorful motifs depicting birds, flowers, roosters, and human figures that symbolize the daily life and cosmic vision of the Otomi people. Embrace the beauty of tradition and elegance with this unique Quixquemetl. Order now and make it a part of your fashion statement!
BACK TO THE PRODUCT DETAILS:
- Measurements: 97 cm x 65 cm
- Function: Multifunctional garment used to cover up or as a decorative accessory adding to one's outfit. There is no right or wrong way to wear or use a poncho.
- Technique: The Tenango stitch is generally a small, tight, cross stitch, embroidered with cotton thread.
- Materials: 100% cotton embroidered fabric.
- Working time: 6 weeks.
- Product Care: Hand wash with non-corrosive laundry soap and room temperature water or gently machine wash by placing the shawl into a smaller cloth laundry bag. Carefully steam iron or wet the fabric with a light spray of water before ironing.
What's in the box? 1x Tenango Embroidered Poncho