The rebozo, a quintessential Mexican garment, serves as a versatile and timeless accessory. Whether gracefully draped as a scarf or elegantly wrapped as a shawl, it encapsulates the essence of Mexican culture with a distinctly feminine allure. Rooted in tradition, women have long relied on the rebozo to cradle their children or transport market treasures. Adorned with intricate Tenangos, the embodiment of Otomi artistry, this piece is a testament to meticulous craftsmanship. Its vibrant tapestry, embellished with birds, flowers, roosters, and human figures, mirrors the vivid mosaic of daily life and cosmic vision cherished by the Otomi people. This rebozo is not just an accessory; it's a vibrant piece of Mexico's heritage, ready to enhance any ensemble with its cultural grace.
BACK TO THE PRODUCT DETAILS:
- Measurements: 212 cm x 48 cm
- Function: Multifunctional garment used to cover up or as a decorative accessory adding to one's outfit. There is no right or wrong way to wear or use a rebozo.
- Technique: The Tenango stitch is generally a small, tight, cross stitch, embroidered with cotton thread.
- Materials: 100% cotton embroidered fabric.
- Working time: 6 weeks.
- Product Care: Hand wash with non-corrosive laundry soap and room temperature water or gently machine wash by placing the shawl into a smaller cloth laundry bag. Carefully steam iron or wet the fabric with a light spray of water before ironing.
What's in the box? 1x Tenango Embroided Reboso